Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
With the release of Nintendo's WiiU and the announced specifications for Sony's PS4, it's easy to forget that great games are still coming out for the current home consoles we know and love. Such is the case for the Japanese RPG Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for the PS3. There are hundreds of positive things to say about this game so let's dive right into it.
Story:Like most role playing games (RPGs), story plays both a crucial and influential role. Made in association with Studio Ghibli, who are known for their animated films such as My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away, this game harbors an incredible storyline. Without giving too much detail away, the story follows a young boy named Oliver and his quest into a different world in order to save his mother. This journey is filled with laughs, tears, and fright will enthrall players of all ages.
Presentation:This game's association with Studio Ghibli is no joke. As you can tell from the moment you insert the disc, this game features fully animated cut-scenes which make you feel like you are watching a real Studio Ghibli film. The environments are both imaginative and realistic to create a truly beautiful background as you explore this diverse world.
Gameplay:This is where "Ni No Kuni" really shines. Sure the music, storyline, and graphics are top notch, but what a video game truly comes down to is its gameplay. As you explore this other world, you will engage in battles with monsters that you and your 'familiars' must fight their way out of. On top of being able to control Oliver, upon entering battle, you may also control one of three familiars, which are essentially monsters that join your team. The battle format is a combination of real time and turn base. As you win battles, you gain experience and can even strengthen your familiars using 'metamorphose.' All in all, the gameplay introduces nothing new or original, but perfectly blends battle mechanics from franchises across the JRPG spectrum to create one addicting and rewarding experience.
Should I play it? If you are a fan of roleplaying games, Japanese anime, and diverse imaginative worlds, this game is a must buy.
Overall:9.6 / 10
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More csulauniversitytimes News Articles
Recent csulauniversitytimes News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CSULAUNIVERSITYTIMES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CSULAUNIVERSITYTIMES NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Route Plan Paris Brings Maps and a Metro Route Planner to Android
- NYT Bestselling Author Martin Yate's Book for Graduates
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!